ECODEV’s Gender-aware programs have been and will continue to use one or more of the following 5 Strategies:
- Challenge gender norms and inequalities that impede access to health services and healthy behaviors.
- Promote equitable relationships and decision making.
- Empower girls and women through economic opportunities, education, and collective action
- Adjust health systems to address barriers to health information and health services.
- Involve the community to disseminate information and support behavior change
ECODEV’s past gender aware programs contributed to;
- improved health status, health behaviors, and health knowledge;
- shaping gender equitable attitudes, increasing the frequency of joint decision making by men and women;
- and increasing women’s self confidence and self-efficacy.
The organization uses theater to pass messages on; Gender based violence and the link to HIV/AIDS