HIV/AIDS Prevention Program;
- Target:The fisher community within the Beaches in Kisumu County
- Condom distribution
- Making referrals to local health facilities
- Couple counseling/testing
- Behaviour change communication (BCC) training.
Some specific strategies used;
- Participatory methods that encourage reflection, dialogue as critical aspects of behavior change.
- Challenging gender norms, roles and behavior.
- Life skills education, goal setting, decision making, communication, assertiveness, and negotiation skills to prevent and mitigate relationship
- Interactive and experiential approaches, cross training on GBV and HIV/AIDS