We’ve made strong progress in the past years.
Together with our partners, we’re helping thousands of people lead more dignified, active, healthy and secure lives.
What we achieved up to 2014
- Children and Health; Using CHWs and Radio to work on child mortality for children under five years; using hygiene promotion to minimize spread of disease by applying behavior change strategies; i.e. use of tippy taps as hand washing. The households are trained by Community Health Workers (CHWs) on their use.
- Health and Radio; Held a series of Radio talk shows, Presenter mentions, On-ground activations, promos and spots; as a Campaign on Local radio stations to create awareness on children’s health.
- Children and Nutrition; Improving access to food; reached over 2,000 of the orphaned and vulnerable people and their families with feeding programs. (Scottish Borders Africa Aids Group SBAAG).
- Water; water, sanitation and hygiene etc.
- Community Development Projects; Several projects initiated under Planning for Real Project with support from DFID UK; sustainable agriculture.
- Community Health Promotion; Purchased 20 bicycles + 20 drug kits for the field volunteers (CHWs) to address lack of social mobilization on health issues; inaccessible health facilities; scarcity of medical personnel and health promoters at grassroots level; and people’s inability to get the prescribed drugs due to poverty.
- HIV/AIDS; Support from National Aids Control Council/AMREF Kenya; effective use of behavior change strategies applied and changes brought about.
- Gender and Governance;Formed political structures to support women’s political empowerment from 2004-2009;
- Civic Education on making the Kenyan Constitution (Review Process). Provided civic education to the citizens with support from CKRC.
- Consultancy Services for other NGOs in Kenya; Formation of Women’s Regional assemblies in 47 counties in Kenya.
- Focal Point for other Regional Organizations; World March of Women-Canada/Raising Voices Uganda.
- Conference Participation; ECODEV has participated in both Local and International Conferences, Seminars, Workshops. The conferences, seminars, and workshops whose main objective is Capacity building has enabled ECODEV Staff be equipped with the necessary Skills to discharge their duties diligently.